Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Hope its a great one for everyone.

I love making New Year's resolutions. I never keep any of them, of course, but on January 1st, I always feel that this is the year I'll get it all together. Hasn't happened yet, but I'm still optimistic.

Looking back at last years goals, I was a bit off track.
  • Finish all UFOs.

Nope. I got 6 done out of the 11 I had at the beginning of the year. But I managed to finish most of the small ones; the ones left are either big or not very far ahead. So lots of work to do on these.

  • Make 12 Broderie Creative kits

Not even 1 done.

  • Gifts for 2 of mom, dad, mil and cousin.

Made a gift for my mom, but it wasn't what I had planned.

  • Wedding sampler

Picked a pattern (Cranberry Sampler) and have most of the supplies, but haven't started it yet.

  • Organize my stash

This one's not too bad - needs a bit of a tidy and have to put away the new threads I got for Christmas, but essentially done.

  • Develop a rotation to help me stitch more regularly, and get something finished.

Developed the rotation, but turns out I didn't like it. I did manage to finish some things with it, but I found it also demotivated me a bit. I don't have that much time to stitch, what I do I should enjoy, not because I feel obligated to stitch them.

Although I only managed to get 2 items completed last year, I'll still make more this year. But hopefully they'll be more reasonable.

  • Stitch wedding sampler
  • Stitch baby sampler
  • Stitch one of Victoria Sampler pieces from stash
  • Finish UFOs
  • Try to keep starts under control, but work on what inspires and relaxes me to make me enjoy stitching again.

And if I can keep my blog updated more too, that would be great.

I guess I should go stitch something, then, huh?

No comments: