Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cottage Update

Found a few hours yesterday and today to work on Tew Cottage, my rotation piece for the week. Here is what it looks like now.


I was tired of my cards so have gone back to my bigger projects for a while. I'll need to get back on to the exchanges this week, as some need to be sent out this week. I'll try for the weekend though, to give me a bit of a break.

The actual house part is almost done - finishing that is my goal for the week. That will leave the trees, the garden and the hedge for another week. Weirdly, there appear to be more colour changes in the house than in the gardens, so maybe it will speed up a bit.

A year or so ago, I bought the kit to Irises, which is a DMC pattern, at a store about 3 hours away from me. The next time I went, they had Primula, which is a companion piece. I've been looking for the third kit, Viola, for quite some time. I thought I might have to order it from the UK, which was the only place that seemed to have it. But Tuesday, when looking for something completely unrelated, I came across a store in Montreal (La Cigale Brodeuse) that had it. I hadn't thought of searching for the French title, which is why I hadn't found it in the first place. Haven't got my order confirmation yet, but hoping that very soon I'll have some stash on its way to me. While I've got a long way to go before actually stitching Violas, just knowing that I might soon have the set is so nice. I can't stand incomplete sets :) I hope nothing happens and they're out of stock. I've got a couple of more orders on the way, so will hopefully have a stash report soon.

No comments: